It's Friday and time for an 'improv'Friday.  Come join in for the next 24 hours or so and post your spontaneous musics under our Creative Commons spirit and community.  Tapes rolling...

love this pic, made by Peter Thörn...

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Document the tonal visuals of the world next wkend everyone.

Ken Ficara

The Sower Of All True Science

"The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. ... To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms -- this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness." (Albert Einstein)

The sound of gravitational waves as recorded by the LIGO project, with percussion track harmonica improv.

Ken as the stream player won't play SoundCloud links I have dl'd your track and am hosting in my public dropbox so the player will capture it. 

James Bailey

Bred in the 'Bone

Trombone with stairwell reverb.

James re our Skype session last Saturday and talking about Paul Stretch I'm thinking it would be neat to apply it to your trombone here.  Not sure I'll get to it but maybe Bill will :)  I hear some things happening although you have great lung power in stretching this in your own real time.

Thanks, Jim. The same thing had occurred to me, so maybe I will do that for next week. The length thing is more due to a half-assed attempt at circular breathing, though having suffered occasionally with COPD for many years now it's not all that easy. Probably more of a psycho-somatic thing than physical, because I actually amaze myself sometimes at how long I can go on a breath.

sounds a bit didgeridoo like which is very cool!

Well, it is essentially the same concept; making fart noises into a long tube. The trombone has the advantage of variable length. I tend to try playing it more like a didgeridoo though, mainly for the variety of sonics.

Thanks everyone for coming along on the every other Friday ImprovFriday.  The event will continue till during the day tomorrow, wrapping up about 12noon est.  I'll update the wall this evening.  Ken been a while, nice to see your return and beautiful words quoting Albert.  Keep posting all you want all!

Ken Ficara, Kavin Allenson, Paul Mimlitsch, Roger Sundström (mix Steve Layton)
Eider Up or Down

Steve thanks for turning out for IF and doing a mix.  This is really cool, like how Paul's horn is snaking in out of the textures.

RSS

© 2017   Created by J.C. Combs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Include the following lines in HTML page right before the closing tag.