Sound-In Event - April 28 to April 30 2016 (Prince theme)

Welcome everybody to another Sound-In event! There are at least a couple of big Prince fans here, so in honor and memory of his great talent and contribution to the world, Prince is the optional theme for this weekend. Make it purple, make it rain, make it funky, or make it whatever U want 2 make it.

Let's hear it, ya'll!

Views: 457

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The Opening of the Mouth

The Opening of the Mouth Ceremony

The Book of the Dead contains a spell for this process

My mouth is opened by Ptah,
My mouth's bonds are loosed by my city-god.
Thoth has come fully equipped with spells,
He looses the bonds of Seth from my mouth.
Atum has given me my hands,
They are placed as guardians.
My mouth is given to me,
My mouth is opened by Ptah,
With that chisel of metal
With which he opened the mouth of the gods.
I am Sekhmet-Wadjet who dwells in the west of heaven,
I am Sahyt among the souls of On.

Hi Shane.  I had to update my Pjam because I had no headphones and the levels were off.  Fixed now and I updated the tune to the list and here in the thread.  However, if you have the list saved off site, can you replace with this  

Pjam

I don't have it saved offsite, so we're all good. I like to live dangerously. :-)

Great tune by the way!

Great idea!  I'll see what I can do with the theme but, for now, here are the two improvisations I've done yesterday.  Since coming out of the hospital, I've had enormous energy (more than I can live up to!) and feel like I've been reborn in many ways.  One of the changes is that I have more control (more lung strength) but, right now, it's mixed with a kind of rough spot in my vocal chords.  I look forward to seeing what comes of this... it may be the best thing to have happened but we'll have to see (found out it wasn't asthma making me short of breath - they put me on new meds and I have more breath than I've had in decades).  

This first one is at WikiLoops and was improvised to a piano piece by Hurzel - it just came out of my mouth this way.  (!)  Live in My Mind

The second one I made while listening to an old piece of mine called Atonally Luscious.  But, when I listened yesterday, I realized I didn't want the piece in there... it was better with just voices.

I Am Here 

Oh yeah, this is the artwork for those two songs I just posted links to:

J.C. Combs, Kavin Allenson, Steve Moshier, Roger Sundström (mix Steve Layton)
I Never Meant to PJam

Okay, so this is a bit self-indulgent but I still offer it to this forum as a sincere response to Prince's death and Shane's beautiful Meditation.  Did this just now.

Goodbye To A Prince

Roger "ErocNet" Sundström

2U & U2

James Bailey

Pops, Hisses, and Flutters

Some tenor sax sounds. Totally off-topic, because I really can't say the the fellow had any sort of influence on me. Not that I hated it, just wouldn't go out of my way.

Ken Ficara

Never Take the Place

Some of Prince's many killer hooks have been floating around in my head all week so I played a few on harmonica, then looped them and chopped them up with some Eurorack modules (Maths + a CV-controlled mixer), and then looped that into EHX via Kaoss Pad. And Moog-noodled over the result. 

I'm at work today, but will have time to update the list off an on. I'm listening through all the music and am loving what I'm hearing. I'm always impressed and amazed by the music that gets made here (and in real-time no less).

James Bailey, Ken Ficara, Roger Sundström (mix Steve Layton)
Hooked 2 U

RSS

© 2017   Created by J.C. Combs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Include the following lines in HTML page right before the closing tag.