Sound-In Event - April 28 to April 30 2016 (Prince theme)

Welcome everybody to another Sound-In event! There are at least a couple of big Prince fans here, so in honor and memory of his great talent and contribution to the world, Prince is the optional theme for this weekend. Make it purple, make it rain, make it funky, or make it whatever U want 2 make it.

Let's hear it, ya'll!

Views: 457

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Shane W. Cadman

Improv042816-Meditation

Here's a piano improv in memory of Prince.

Death the Leveller => a setting of a poem by James Shirley as read by Lori Jordan, set by Chris Vaisvil

James Shirley. 1596–1666

Death the Leveller

The glories of our blood and state
Are shadows, not substantial things;
There is no armour against Fate;
Death lays his icy hand on kings:
Sceptre and Crown
Must tumble down,
And in the dust be equal made
With the poor crookèd scythe and spade.

Some men with swords may reap the field,
And plant fresh laurels where they kill:
But their strong nerves at last must yield;
They tame but one another still:
Early or late
They stoop to fate,
And must give up their murmuring breath
When they, pale captives, creep to death.

The garlands wither on your brow,
Then boast no more your mighty deeds!
Upon Death’s purple altar now
See where the victor-victim bleeds.
Your heads must come
To the cold tomb:
Only the actions of the just
Smell sweet and blossom in their dust.

Paul H. Muller

Sky Voices II

The NASA image issued in honor of Prince.  More indeterminate minimalist music based on weather patterns in the western hemisphere.  Experimenting with different sounds - woodwinds, strings, voices.  

Still cranking out new versions every few hours at http://104.32.9.221/index.html

Steve Layton

Prince of Doves

Snagged a MIDI from the web, stripped it to the bare melody, and reworked that in Reason.

Bill Newbold

Time Lab 1

being inside the fluxing universe(just for a moment) 1

this is my reasoning Prince=symbol= recording artist mostly did LOTS of studio work,,, I hear.

I, In my home studio do Lots of recording ,,, Of everything that I can. :)

so in honor of prince... I have dug up the midi-bluetooth device that works via iPad :)

so the song.. "being inside the fluxing universe(just for a moment) 1"  was an internal external thru MIDI work,,, ---- recorded in the mmmmm (need to label. err Name the recording studio... tentative name for studio is ... the time lab ... to take from something I had already started but =-= I guess forgotten of.

so Out of time lab studio's on the SoOn LabeL  we have the tribute to Prince in symbolic time formations here.  

And below is the video playlist from tonite into tomorrow It will grow as I add new videos tonite...

On a side note, I have started to really look forward to these posts and new sound gatherings we have every other week // really every week with the improv friday also hosted here.  I have nothing else to distract my online focus except some fb and youtube and blog stuff.  which is all inter connected if you ask me.  such as it is I have ended most of my star trek gaming no more flying the enterprise in virtual reality no more space ninja fighting with the computer bots.  and outside the net things are getting better mostly always.

Well we're happy you keep coming by, Bill! :-)

I'll second that. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Thanks both of you these are the reasons ... :-)

whoa!!

Me and Prince we go back.  Although I was into Purple Rain like everyone else at the time, I fully appreciated his music when I discovered Dirty Mind, Controversy and 1999 (the albums).  Anyway, here is a tune I made with the Prince concert vibe experience in mind. A sort of meandering through various genres with an underlying funk. Borrowed a couple garage band riffs and did some drum machine/synth work.  :)  

J.C. Combs

Pjam

Shane Cadman, Paul Muller, Bill Newbold (mix Steve Layton)
Purple Twilight Clouds

Beautiful Shane...!

RSS

© 2017   Created by J.C. Combs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Include the following lines in HTML page right before the closing tag.