Hey all. Here we are again, no specific theme in mind... but I'm sure ideas are rolling around in there & ready to come out and be shared. Have at it!

I do want to remind you all about Paul Muller's notice of our upcoming annual "filmfest":

The Academy Awards take place Feb 26 this year and we traditionally have held our own Sound-In Film Festival during the event of that weekend.  Here's how to participate:

• Create Your Own Video
  • Add Original Sound Track
  • Upload to YouTube or other Platform
  • Post in the Event Thread (use the media link button)

Participation is optional - we will have a regular event otherwise.

Be sure to get permission to use any copyrighted or non-original materials.

No prizes or awards given out (lack of budget) - but there are bragging rights!

Bill Newbold will lead the way - but it is always fun at any level.

The Time to Plan and Get Started is Now!

Views: 242

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Norbert Oldani

Panorama #1     " Panorama #1" is my composed long music setting of the photo "Cathedral Peak and Lake"  by Ansel Adams. My setting is via Motif,Reason and Kyma. My composed counterpoint was realized by Kyma and Record.                                

Tremendous inspired theme to compose to Norbert.  Your orchestration matches Ansel for sure.

Steve Layton

Hymn

An improv I actually made for last week's ImprovFriday, but got a little sidetracked posting it.

Steve never too late :-) good edge in this.

Bill Newbold
deep thoughts 1
deep thoughts 3

Here these songs are mixes in the mixture of midi crossovers between the novation machine and the korg micro- machine patch works.

B. New Bold....- :)  was what the synclavier music professor at Rutgers used on the floppy disk that was mine for use with the machine below... I did not think they would have this image but I am proved wrong again... this is similar to my supernova with patches and such- just  fifteen years before I would be built...back in 1984 ///   Hours and hours making and looping and making and mixing... this was extracredits out side the electronic studio... which now the whole room can fit in a pocket --

Related image

So this fractal I made last night.  I was using the linux operating system so some of these audio constructions have cricket like pops - I don't know if that is good or bad but---0---let me know if it is too distracting I might recreate the work in a different light with the same patches and performance settings... Just in win 10  ==-==

can imagine what that must have been like at Rutgers Bill.  Times have changed and it's wild that yeah all that can fit in your pocket these days but that kind of machine at that kind of time was equally inspiring I'm sure.  Your titles remind me of the old Sat Nite Life skit for Stuart Smalley, 'Deep Thoughts'.... great spacey ancestiral pieces as always.

Paul H. Muller
Rain Ending

More stretched ambient - after our big storm...

hard to imagine rainy season there Paul but despite my experiences it can't all be beautiful all the time in LA.  Glad the clouds have parted.  Enjoying your amby works these days, voicings are very deep this one no less.

yay!

Benjamin Smith

Ben.improv.Jan.31.2017

This is beautiful!

RSS

© 2017   Created by J.C. Combs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Include the following lines in HTML page right before the closing tag.